It’s the time of year when trend reports run wild with marketing insights and expectations for 2023. Based on various metrics, marketing publications and bloggers make predictions and send them off to the world. The job of strategic marketing professionals like PMG is to review the trends and insights and evaluate how to best tailor or incorporate them for our clients…or not. We all want 2023 marketing programs to be as successful as possible, so let’s dive into some recommendations and PMG’s observations for the upcoming year.
- Organize your marketing efforts! This key factor to success is all too often overlooked. Commit to no more “spaghetti marketing” practices (the term used to describe unorganized marketing initiatives or doing something just because everyone else is doing it) in 2023! Keep in mind that not every tactic will work for every goal or for every audience… and some can run counter to your positioning, messaging and branding. Starting with your goals, a cohesive 2023 strategic marketing plan should be the priority.
- Think about effective SEO. Things such as good content, page speed, responsive design, back links, and mobile-friendly design are key considerations that will continue to impact SEO in 2023. If your website isn’t up to date with valuable content or your site isn’t responsive, it’s certainly time for an upgrade this year.
- Utilize social media as a story telling tool. If this is news to you, it’s time to step up your social media game. In the past there was a heavy focus on hashtags and trends, but now is the time to get social on social and use social media as a means of diversifying your marketing efforts. Even if your business is more B2B than B2C, storytelling with the correct messaging can yield results. Build that social community into your marketing!
- Get on board with short-form videos. It’s a video world and it reaches everyone. With Tik-Tok and Instagram growing rapidly with no signs of slowing down, building a social strategy that includes video will be worthwhile for your 2023 marketing plan. Plus, it’s easier and more cost-effective to record a quick, to-the-point video than to get a whole camera crew on-site, agreed? Get your messaging straight first and then short-form video can become a marketing mainstay for your business.
- Social cause and content collaborations make sense! Transparency matters. Taking a stance, advocating for social issues, and showing a sense of social responsibility are all thoughtful and effective ways to communicate the values that are at the center of your brand. Think global and act local. Collaborate and partner with local coalitions and be bold and authentic! Your audience will want to know more – or even how they can help. Building a community for your brand can start with building a community around change.
If you integrate these observations into your 2023 strategic marketing plan, you’ll have a program that is focused and wide angle at the same time!
Need strategic marketing direction? The PMG team is ready, willing and able to discuss your goals and strategic marketing plan for 2023.
Connect with PMG: