Each year on April 22, Earth Day campaigns around the globe to promote ways to save the Earth. Their aim is to provide education on topics including climate change, air and water pollution, erosion, recycling, ecosystems and more. As citizens of the world, we can all take actions to protect the Earth, its creatures and their habitats. Celebrate Earth Day by participating in a variety of activities in your area. Ways to take action on Earth Day and every day include:
- Use recycling programs in your community.
- Volunteer to clean up local parks, beaches and streets.
- Support and frequent green businesses.
- Invest in re-usable products versus disposable.
- Repurpose items that have outworn their original use.
- Shop secondhand and thrift stores for gently used items.
- Use energy-efficient appliances and line dry your clothes.
- Walk or ride your bike to work if possible.
- Carpool or make one trip instead of multiple trips for shopping.
- Encourage your favorite products to reduce packaging.
Share your Earth Day experiences and join the conversation using #EarthDay on social media!
Connect with PMG: