Umbrellas are often taken for granted, but when you need one and can’t find one, then you recognize their value. Much like insurance, you don’t NEED an umbrella until you NEED an umbrella. And umbrellas are so much more than a way to stay dry in a rainstorm.
- Parasol-style umbrellas are great to keep the sun off – whether walking in the city or relaxing on the beach.
- There are many dances that utilize umbrellas – think Gene Kelly’s “Singin’ in the Rain” or traditional Chinese dances.
- Umbrellas are used as light diffusers on photoshoots – they are an invaluable piece of equipment.
- Your favorite tropical cocktail probably has an umbrella garnish – it just wouldn’t look as festive without the little umbrella in it.
- Umbrellas are used throughout marketing and advertising campaigns to symbolize protection – the famous Travelers logo is a great example.
- And don’t forget all the amazing paintings that depict umbrellas – from Renoir to Dali to Banksy.
The average American household has 3 or 4 umbrellas. Check out the ones in PMGers’ coat closets and make sure you find yours soon so you will be prepared for those April showers!
Connect with PMG: